Friday, December 18, 2009

Whoopie Pie Palooza and a Mini Vacation to My Favorite Spot in Maine









It's official, my whoopie pie palooza has begun. For those of you who do not know what this is, let me fill you in: I have taken on a personal challenge to find the "perfect" whoopie pie recipe. Mostly I want to find the "perfect" whoopie pie to sell when I open my bakery, but I really just love the excuse to eat tons of them =)

My first recipe came from my Maine momma. It is a top secret family recipe, which I only got because hopefully one day I will be part of thei
r family. So, unfortunately I can't share the recipe, but I am more than happy to make some for you.

I headed up to the Rockland, Maine area this past week for a mini vacation. I visited my Maine momma and the whole family. As part of my Christmas gifts to them, I included some home made whoopie pies. I was informed I did a very good job, so it looks like the palooza is off to a good start. I wanted to share a little fun info from my Rockland trip. So, below you will see a Christmas tree, but if you look close you'll see it's actually made out of lobster traps!! It is so cool! That's how Mainers do Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment