Friday, May 1, 2009

Holy Macaroons!!



I can't emphasize to you enough: Holy Macaroons!! What started out as a quick easy dessert to bring to girls' night turned into 62 (exactly!!) Macaroons dipped in chocolate. At one point I stood back and looked at the macaroons and I couldn't believe my eyes, but it was all worth it in the end. After baking and cooling all the cookies, I dipped them in melted semi-sweet chocolate, can you say YUMMMYYYY!!! All my taste testers agreed, and I even had people calling this morning looking for more!! These are definitely a MUST when the bakery opens!!

One little tid bit of advice that I learned for all you fellow bakers out there: If your recipe calls for cream of coconut and you can not find it in the store, you can buy coconut milk. If you use coconut milk in lieu of cream of coconut, do NOT shake the can and just use the cream at the top of the can as the coconut milk will have separated. Works like a charm! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment