Thursday, December 9, 2010

Neglecting...

I promise I haven't neglected the blog...I've just neglected my camera. And, I HATE posting without pictures (yet here I am doing it). I'm sad to say I have to put pumpkin baking on the back burner....It's officially Christmas baking time. For Thanksgiving, though, I put the pumpkins front and center. I baked up probably almost 100 pumpkin whoopie pies and TONS of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies...YUUMMMMMYYY!! My favorite quote of the night was my sister telling our friend that the cookies were "not bite size"..he didn't care. The faster they got in his mouth, the more he could enjoy.

And the latest thing I baked was homemade chocolate chip cookies for a Christmas party. They weren't made from the Toll House classic recipe (which I trust, treasure, and love), but rather from am excellent recipe book I have called "In the Sweet Kitchen". I doctored it up a bit using chopped up Hershey's bars. A new trick I definitely will be using again!

Happy holiday season to every one! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment