Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July




Hello everyone!! Sorry for the delay in the posts. I've been super busy, but I have not forgotten about The Messy Kitchen!

For the 4th of July this year, my brother and sister decided to have a pig roast at our camp. Well, as always, I was asked to bring dessert.....This does happen to be my favorite thing :) So I made 288 cupcakes, put them all together, and made an American flag. (I said that way too casually...I made 288 cupcakes!!)They were chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, all with buttercream frosting. I used red and blue sprinkles, and made white chocolate stars to put on the blue cupcakes.

They turned out really great! I loved how it looked all put together, and had many compliments (which I always love!!) I'm still hearing stories about it: A friend of mine said every time she turned around, she saw her three year old by the table. I think she ate 6 cupcakes! I guess she didn't eat enough though, because we were still eating leftover cupcakes as of yesterday. I think I may have over estimated a little this time :)

I hope everyone enjoyed there 4th of July as much as we did! Happy Birthday America!

No comments:

Post a Comment