Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Early mornings call for fresh, homemade bagels.


Fresh Bagels = YUM!! Last night I wanted to bake something different. I bake a lot of sweets and was looking for a little variety, so I decided to tackle bagels...a new adventure! After a little time with google, I picked a recipe and hoped for the best. The recipe I chose did not involve 1 hour of rising, which to me, made it perfect. Also, I already had most of the ingredients in my kitchen. It made 8 bagels, and I decided to try garlic, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds for seasonings. The whole family tried them for breakfast the next morning, and I have to say for a first try at baking bagels, they weren't that bad.

1 comment:

  1. I had the good fortune of living in NYC--which means I got to regularly eat the world's best bagels. I got to taste Allie's bagels and they were EXCELLENT! Gold star from me.

    ReplyDelete